Scientist Job Summary:
The scientist is responsible for designing and conducting experiments to support research and development projects in the field of drug delivery including sustained release, targeted drug delivery, microspheres, nanoparticles and solubility enhancement.
- Prepare drug loaded microspheres and nanoparticles in the R&D lab.
- Purification of microparticles and nanoparticles using centrifuge and tangential flow filtration processes.
- Use particle size analyzers, UV-Vis, and other analytical equipment to characterize drug loaded particles.
- Manufacture microparticles and nanoparticles using aseptic processing and under cGMP.
- Carry out chemical conjugation of protein or antibody molecules onto the surface of microspheres and nanoparticles.
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to design and execute experiments and interpret results
- Maintain detailed laboratory notebook
- Interact with team members, understand and participate in progress of the project.
- Mentor laboratory technicians, junior scientists as well as interns.
- Adhere to safety, FDA procedures, and department SOPs.
- Prepare and review documents including experimental methods, specifications, SOPs, protocols and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Sciencein chemistry, biochemistry, biology, material science, pharmaceutical sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 2-5 years of experience. A Master of Science or Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience working in an R&D laboratory.
- An understanding of emulsion process, colloid chemistry, and particle sciences
- Well versed with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experiences with PLGA, chitosan, gelatin, polyethylene glycol and other biodegradable polymers are a plus.
Please submit all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org