Business Development Manager
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Business Development professional to join our team and help drive the future growth of the Phosphorex organization.
- Meet or exceed the monthly, quarterly and annual sales and revenue targets for Phosphorex’s nanomedicine business.
- Manage the assigned territory, prospecting for new business opportunities within the desired client base and actively manage and grow existing client relationships
- Deploy effective key-account management strategies for key customers ensuring the client is ‘brick-walled’ into the relationship. Understand the clients buying process and actively expand Phosphorex’s share-of-wallet in the account.
- Effectively articulate complex technical concepts utilizing a consultative selling approach that applies Phosphorex’s value proposition in nanomedicine applications to address unique preclinical and clinical manufacturing requirements.
- Support market intelligence activities by engaging in Voice-of-the-Customer (VOC) initiatives, evaluation of existing and new technology platforms, industry trends and future needs of the customer and the wider market.
- Understand the competitive environment and continuously hone Phosphorex’s value proposition and differentiators to ensure competitive advantage
- Execute strategies for pricing optimization to support value capture targets and prevent margin erosion
- Manage incoming sales leads, Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) from customers. Work closely with internal subject matter experts to generate and manage the proposal generation and submission process. Identify and deploy opportunities to improve the proposal process and increase conversion rates
- Manage and lead interactions with existing and prospective customers utilizing internal technical experts and stakeholders as needed to demonstrate Phosphorex’s expertise and capabilities
- Manage Phosphorex’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, ensuring accurate client data, Opportunity Management and forecasting metrics are relevant and kept up to date. Generate relevant reports that demonstrate salesforce effectiveness
- Support marketing and thought leadership activities via outreach campaigns, participation in conferences, tradeshows and industry forums / networking events
- Other duties as assigned by management
Requirements and Qualifications
- B.S., M.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, material science, polymer sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, or related discipline
- 5 years’ experience in a business development or sales and marketing role serving the biotechnology and biopharmaceutical marketplace
- Proven territory management and client relationship skills
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesfore.com, HubSpot, SAP CRM
- Demonstrate ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented and self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Effective presentation and meeting skills within all levels of the organization with internal and external colleagues and collaborators
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications
Ability to lift 20Ibs such as exhibition material, demonstration equipment
A combination of remote and office-based work. Travel up to 30% of the time to support prospecting activities, manage current client accounts, attend conferences and participate in training
Working at Phosphorex
Phosphorex offers a collaborative, continuous learning team environment and a competitive salary with benefits including medical & dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and 401K match.
Interested candidates – submit your resume and cover letter (optional) to: HR@Phosphorex.com