Formulation Associate/Associate Formulation Scientist
Located in Hopkinton, MA, Phosphorex is a fast-growing contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) specializing in drug delivery, including sustained release and nanomedicine-based formulations. Phosphorex partners with the biomedical community to develop a variety of particle- based pharmaceutical formulations.
We are seeking a motivated, talented, hard-working team player to join our group to work on various drug delivery programs to advance next generation formulations.
Successful candidate would be able to learn novel formulation techniques and contribute to the advancement of cutting-edge products.
- Participate in developing complex parenteral formulations, including microspheres and nanoparticles.
- Perform comprehensive characterization of candidate formulations, including particle size, payload content, in vitro release and stability.
- Assist in formulation and process development to support proof of concept and pre-clinical studies
- Manufacture microparticles and nanoparticles using clean processes under Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Interact effectively with other members in the multi-disciplinary team comprised of formulation, analytical and process development scientists
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of experiments and other lab activities, compile and summarize data, prepare batch records, and generate reports
- Adhere to safety standards and department SOPs
Requirements and Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, polymer sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical engineering or related disciplines with a minimum of 0-5 years of experience (0-2 years for Masters)
- Data driven, strong critical and analytical thinking
- Hands-on laboratory experience is required
- Understanding of emulsion process, colloid chemistry, and particle sciences is a plus
- Experience in biodegradable polymeric systems and development of micro-and nano-particle formulations is a plus
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications
Working at Phosphorex
Phosphorex offers a collaborative, continuous learning team environment and a competitive salary with benefits including medical & dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and 401K match.
Interested candidates – submit your resume and cover letter (optional) to: HR@Phosphorex.com